How to Set-up Payment Option for eFiling online
Now that your firm has created an account you need to add a payment option in order to complete your eFilings.
Scroll down for more detailed instructions.
1) Click Settings > Payment Settings
2) Click Add a Payment Account on Right
3) Enter Nickname and Select Payment Account Type, Click Continue
4) Enter Payment Information
5) Confirm Account Listed
Depending on the state and court, you can add a Credit Card, eCheck, and/or Waiver account.
You can have cards on file for specific clients, or have one firm card to use for all your filings firm wide.
If you need to update a current card, you need to create a payment account for the new card as well. You can not simply change the account number or expiration date of an existing payment account.
Note: When you submit a filing, the court does a pre-authorization on your card for the filing fees. If the filing is rejected, the court will not settle that pre-authorization. It will eventually fall off your card. However, the time it takes to fall off can range from one (1) day to a few days depending on your banking institution. When you “re-submit” your rejected filing, the court does another pre-authorization. Because of this, you may not want to use a debit card as a payment method.
Create a Payment Account
1) Click Settings at the top.
2.Then Click Payment Settings on the left Menu
3. Click Add Payment Account on the right.
4. Enter Payment Account Nickname & Select a Payment Account Type: Credit Card, Waiver or eCheck.
Choose whether you want to add a Credit Card, Waiver or eCheck. Not that most Credit Card transaction will have Percentage based fees ( Percent of Total due to court), and most eCheck fees are flat fee based (often flat $0.25).
For a Credit Card, enter your Card Number, Expiration Date, CVV Number, and the remaining required fields before clicking the Continue button.
For an eCheck, enter your Account Type, Account Number, Routing Number, and the remaining required fields before clicking the Continue button.
5. Verify Your Billing Information before continuing. If anything is incorrect, click the Backbutton to make edits. Read the Terms and Conditions, and then click Save Information to finish setting up your account.
6. Once your information is saved, you will see a congratulations screen. Click the Continue button, and you are all set.
7. Back on the main Payments Setting screen, you will now see your new Credit Cards, eChecks, and/or Waiver accounts ready for use.